Estimate the acceleration of an object due to gravitational force.
- mass (weights)
- ticker tape
- ticker machine
- tape measure
- sticky tape
- Connect sticky tape to one end the ticker taper and thread the other end through the ticker tape machine.
- Connect the ticker tape machine to the AC connectors on the PSU and set the PSU to ~6VAC.
- Connect weight (mass) to the end of the ticker tape with the sticky tape on and turn on PSU and drop mass from min. of one meter.
- Check for dots made by the ticker machine and pic a section of ~500mm of ticker tape and measure between the first and last dots in the section, then count up the intervals between the dots.
- Work out the acceleration now by doubling the intervals and divide by 100 to get a decimal value (t)
using the formula
S = length of tape section